My Momma and some of her great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren...
A lot has happened since my last entry. First and foremost, my sweet hard-working Momma passed away March 4, 2015. By golly, she hung on to see her 90th birthday February 26th. We had an open house planned but she had another heart attack February 15th and went to the hospital - even though there was nothing they could do as she had decided a resounding NO to any invasive procedures. Her body started shutting down as her heart weakened and several more heart attacks occurred. I have 6 siblings and we took turns being at her bedside 24/7. We did have birthday cake on her big day, and Momma did enjoy a piece of cake. We called hospice on March 3rd and the decision was made to take her back to her residential room in the nursing home. Mom had gone there in October and loved her room. Also, the nursing home is practically in the backyard of my parents' house {Dad passed in 2005}. One of my sisters and I stayed with Momma when we got her to her room the afternoon of the 3rd. All siblings had met with hospice and were instructed on her meds, etc. After everyone else had gone home, Connie, Momma, and I settled in but things went downhill quickly. Momma rested until around 9 P.M. and then became very restless with severe abdominal pain [organs shutting down] - NOT heart pain! As I tended the best I could to Momma, Connie was on the phone with hospice and we administered meds as instructed. Finally, around 11:30 I called the other siblings and told them they should get back to the nursing home. Momma passed away around 12:30 A.M. with several of us at her side. So sad to lose her but glad she is not suffering. Lela Mae, we love and miss you, MOMMA!
On a happier note, we are getting our home/lawn ready for a wedding and reception July 25th! TM's oldest son is getting married in the church next door, and the reception will be on our front lawn. TM and I call Katie our daughter-in-law already, and she and Eric have two sons, so we are excited for them. We'll have both sons' families here for the week from Florida plus other family members will stay in B&B's and area motels as they travel in from Alabama, Missouri, New Jersey, Oregon, and South Carolina. TM's sons' late mother was raised in our small town as was TM - they were in the same class - and her family is all here in the same town or surrounding area, including her mother. We expect 70 - 80 people for the wedding and reception; it will be fun! I definitely need to post some photos of our hard 'landscaping' work. TM tires easily but takes his rest breaks frequently. Do we both ever feel our old bones and muscles complain...HA!
It is darned cool around here lately for this time of the year. We even turned our furnace back on and have used our electric blanket the last couple of nights. How nutty is that? Oh well, in a few days we'll complain about the humidity and mosquitoes!!!!! The rain has sure helped my flowers and plants take off.
I look out at poor neglected Jazzy [our 5th wheel] and think....a few more months old girl and we will head south for the winter...to be continued...
Remember to Scatter Kindness!! (and some love,,,)

No comments:
Post a Comment