Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is there a steel building "home" in my future?

 
 
Do you think you could live in a steel building? TM and I have been hashing and rehashing this concept for several years. It's not that we don't think we could; it's where and when! I have researched different structures and amassed interior and exterior photos, prices, and ideas [including Mike and Pat McFall's pics]. I'd be as snug as a bug in a rug.
 
We both like the above pic and concept. TM and I would put a small 2BR apartment in front and use the back as a garage/workshop/storage area. Again - where and when???? This would be a homebase for summer months and a place to call home that doesn't "roll" -- lol.
 
As we have moved our retirement up to 2014, we have more rehashing to do. For the first year or so, we'll keep our house and travel in "Jazzy" as we wish. Then we'll feel ready to either stay put or downsize and move on. As so many of you say, our plans are set in jello -- or something like that!
 
TM and I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. It was just the two of us as TM is recuperating from hernia surgery. He is sore but getting stronger every day. Life is good!
 
Remember to scatter kindness...

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea with a steel home. Came over from Bayfield Bunch. I am looking at a double hernia operation myself. Not sure if I should till it hurts worse. Hope TM gets back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete