TM and I take a motorcycle trip each summer, but we didn't do so this summer - we opted to take "Jazzy" to FL for 3 weeks to visit family instead.
I was feeling a bit blue about not getting in as much riding as we like, so I found solace in 2011 photos. We rode down to Eureka Springs, AR and enjoyed riding The Pig Trail. Up and down, twists and turns... I am always in the lead so we take it at my speed! The only hairpin turn on the Trail and we met a semi. I saw it coming and gave him plenty of room, but he still went off the edge of the road and scraped his trailer. Apparently he didn't see us until we met - his eyes looked like saucers! The locals say The Pig Trail is the Arkansas version of 'Tail of the Dragon'. I'll take their word for that! That ride is on TM's bucket list but not mine. Something tells me I'll be caving in on that someday. Look out Dragon, here we come...lol!
We had to scoot by The Burger Barn in Ozone, AR while in the area.We enjoyed good burgers and a nice cold soda on a very hot day! It was just too cute to not enjoy! It's a beautiful ride with sweeping, lazy S's and gentle 'baby' mountains to get to The Burger Barn. Top that with the smells of a pine forest and riding under a sunny sky and I am in my nirvana state!
TM and I also took in some of Eureka's sights and tourista places. Downtown reminds me of some of Colorado's mining turned tourist towns... quaint and 'yesteryear'. I absolutely love riding into new towns and checking out the area and meeting locals.
Remember to 'scatter kindness'!
Love your wide glide,,,,I had a wide glide several rears ago,,,,,,,rode it to Daytona Bike week several years in a row....I sure enjoyed that bike, I even had the clutch and brake levers gold plated....Cool..:-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice ride,,,,I made the grave decision a couple years ago that I just couldn't haul all my toys all the time. So I leave it in South Dakota,,,but I miss it.....
You have a beautiful home,,,,,,, Don't worry, June 2015 will be here before you know it.....