Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday wishing

Well, we FINALLY put in a full five days at school! A full week has been few and far between since Thanksgiving. I am happy about the full week, but I could tell by Thursday morning some of my students were starting to show some 'wear and tear' from the work load!  LOL!  A few of them still had enough energy to try and be funny by asking me if I used to ride a dinosaur to school (geez... who will they have to pick on when I do retire). So cute and comedic... I told them I sure did but finally traded it in for a mule... that I had to walk 4 miles through the snow to get to before I could hop on and head for school 12 miles away. Actually, they're not being disrespectful - just trying to 'connect' with humor. They know where and when to draw the line and we do have fun! They also think it is more than awesome they have a teacher [female no less] who rides a Harley! It is always an event when I roar up to the school on Dyna.

As I could not sleep well last night, I baked cookies until 1 A.M. and then scanned through [and started following some new] blogs. Now that it is definitely daylight on this gorgeous Saturday morning, I find myself with Saturday wishing. I am wishing for a nice warm Saturday morning so Telephone Man and I can enjoy our coffee on our front porch -- then head out on our Harleys for a Saturday ride on the back roads in our area.
 Those two wishes will just have to wait a bit longer! However, I am thankful for this wonderful day and look forward to 'date night' with Telephone Man tonight.

We will be celebrating Valentine's Day a little early; it just fits into our schedule better. We're taking TM's mother with us as the restaurant  is a favorite [out of many!!!] of ours and was of TM's parents for years [his father is deceased]. I already know what I will order: French Onion Soup, their famous Iowa Pork Chop, house salad, and a nice glass of dry white wine. I may even sneak in some cheesecake if I have room left. Okay, so I am trying to act like I may not have room left -- I will have a piece of cheesecake!
I haven't bought a card for TM for Valentine's Day yet. So I will end this post with an addition to my Saturday wishing -- I wish for many more years with Telephone Man by my side! I love you, honey!!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and to all our new friends in blogland!!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! And thanks for following our blog. Looking forward to reading about your adventures getting ready to retire and hit the road. Hope to run into you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dyna, I usually try to make contact with my new followers by sending them a Hello email. I didn't se an email for you, so I'm leaving the message here.

    Welcome to my blog and I hope we can get to know each other thru blogging.

    2015 may seem like a long time from now, but it will be here sooner than you think. I have been working very hard for a year on the house and on downsizing. I estimate we have another 10 months to go and then the wait to see if it sells.

    I like to hear what others are doing to get ready. It keeps me motivated, and I hope I can do the same for others.

    So, lets share some ideas along the way!

    Merikay

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by the blog today... 2015 is closer than you think... lived not too far from some time ago in Rantoul Ill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. Found this post interesting as I am also in public ed. I was a Math/English teacher until going to the dark side and becoming an administrator. Like you blog.

    ReplyDelete