I just love this photo; too bad most of us adults have forgotten the pure sheer joy of just 'being' in the moment! I need to think more like this instead of all the but, buts and what ifs I've fallen into the past year.
Today is TM's 69th birthday! I think this is the last one he will acknowledge...ha! The birthday bunny left a sack of goodies for him overnight: an orange 1965 Corvette [okay, a model one], a miniature toy drone, a warm pair of house shoes, a big bag of Snickers, and a card that plays Jimmy Buffet music! TM is good to go for a while.
TM and I still have our IL home as he had a total knee replacement this past July and I did not want the extra stress of dealing with a listing and possible sell/moving out while he was incapacitated. Plus real estate is just not moving in our area right now unless you practically give it away. He also has had complications (of course...hmmmm) and just had a Manipulation Under Anesthesia, MUA for short, on said knee last week and has begun physical therapy all over again. Positive side is otherwise we are both healthy and ready to head for our winter home in Florida in December, hopefully!!!!
Several other bloggers I follow have also bought places in Florida and we hope to arrange a meet up with some of them when we get down there. We also will be looking at smaller RV's for camping around FL, lower GA, AL, and MS during winter months. The plan is to eventually sell our IL home, become FL residents, and use the RV to travel north a few summer months to visit family and escape FL summer heat/humidity/hurricanes.
Speaking of hurricanes, our country has had a fair share of them plus wildfires, floods, and crazed people killing others. As I believe in the good of the human race, good will trump bad (ahemmmm)!
On a parting note, America is a great country (already, still, and will always be so), our people are inherently good and kind, and we will get through some of the darkness that surrounds us at this point in our history. That is all I will say on the subject...
I am enjoying reading the blogs of those winding their way south for the winter! Have safe travels and enjoy, as if you wouldn't...lol!
All of us must
Remember to Scatter Kindness!!! (and some love and joy)

No comments:
Post a Comment